Splonk Issue 3 submissions will open on Saint Patrick’s Day, 17th March, and close on the 13th of April 2020. If you were published in the last issue of Splonk, please skip an issue before submitting again.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept email subs anymore. Submissions are via our form only.
SPLONK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Go here to submit.
- Submissions for Issue 3 will be open 17th March 2020 to 13th April 2020.
- Submissions received outside the subs window will not be considered.
- International submissions accepted.
- If you were published in the last issue of Splonk, please skip an issue before submitting again.
- Do not include include your name on the story document OR in the story title. Subs are read blind by our editorial team. Your piece will be disqualified if your name is on it.
- Submit unpublished flash fiction of up to 500 words for SplonkFlash. Micro-fictions of up to 100 words for SplonkMicros. Or Irish language flash up to 500 words for SplonkSplanc.
- Include a third-person bio – up to 50 words – including your Twitter handle.
- One submission (that is, one story) per author per submission period. Sub in one category only, please.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Submissions are via word document only.
- Double space and use a 12pt normal font e.g. Times New Roman or Arial
- We ask for first world publication rights and the right to display your piece on our website as long as Splonk exists. Copyright remains with the author. If your flash is subsequently published, we ask that you acknowledge Splonk as the first publisher.
- Splonk is not in a position to pay contributors at the moment.
- We like experimental work, straight narratives, language-driven flash, historical, futuristic, post-apocalyptic, weird, quirky, ‘normal’, melancholic, and happy work. Send us whatever you’ve got, but avoid clichés!
- Any enquiries to email@example.com