Issue 2 submissions are open 1st to 31st October 2019. We have a new form for subs. PLEASE NOTE: We’re not accepting emailed subs anymore.
SPLONK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Go here to submit.
- Submissions for Issue 2 are open 1st October 2019 for one month. (Submissions received outside the subs window will not be considered.)
- International submissions accepted.
- Submit unpublished flash fiction of up to 500 words for SplonkFlash. Micro-fictions of up to 100 words for SplonkMicros. Or Irish language flash up to 500 words for SplonkSplanc.
- Include a third-person bio – up to 50 words – including your Twitter handle.
- Do not include include your name on the document. Subs are read blind.
- One submission (that is, one story) per author per submission period. Sub in one category only, please.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Submissions are via word document only.
- Double space and use a 12pt normal font e.g. Times New Roman or Arial
- We ask for first world publication rights and the right to display your piece on our website as long as Splonk exists. Copyright remains with the author. If your flash is subsequently published, we ask that you acknowledge Splonk as the first publisher.
- Splonk is not in a position to pay contributors at the moment.
- We like experimental work, straight narratives, language-driven flash, historical, futuristic, post-apocalyptic, weird, quirky, ‘normal’, melancholic, and happy work. Send us whatever you’ve got, but avoid clichés!
- Any enquiries to email@example.com