Issue 2 submissions will be open 1st to 31st October 2019.
SPLONK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submissions for Issue 2 will open 1st October 2019 for one month. (Submissions received outside the subs window will not be considered.)
- International submissions accepted.
- Send unpublished flash fiction of up to 500 words for SplonkFlash. Micro-fictions of up to 100 words for SplonkMicros. Or Irish language flash up to 500 words for SplonkSplanc.
- Send your sub as a .doc or .docx attachment to email@example.com
- Include a third-person bio – up to 50 words – in the body of your email, including your Twitter handle.
- No cover letter is necessary but, in the email header, include the name of your piece and your own name (no name/identifier on the document).
- One submission (that is, one story) per author per submission period. Sub in one category only, please.
- Please do not put your name ANYWHERE on your submission document – the editors read blind.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Double space and use a 12pt normal font e.g. Times New Roman or Arial
- We ask for first world publication rights and the right to display your piece on our website as long as Splonk exists. Copyright remains with the author. If your flash is subsequently published, we ask that you acknowledge Splonk as the first publisher.
- Splonk is not in a position to pay contributors at the moment.
- We like experimental work, straight narratives, language-driven flash, historical, futuristic, post-apocalyptic, weird, quirky, ‘normal’, melancholic, and happy work. Send us whatever you’ve got!